Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Week We Have Had!

Oh what a week we have had! I had scanned in all the drawings I had done this week to my laptop, but before I could put it on my blog the power cord burned out. This caused me to be mad because when I checked how much a new one is on the Dell website the cord was $69, holly cow! After searching the web to find a cheaper version I decided to call a local computer repair shop. It was a good call because they said that they could get me a new one for $28 which includes shipping. The bad part is that it was five minutes before they closed on a Saturday and that I would have to wait until Monday to order a new one and that it would take a week to get. After I realized that it would be a week before I could use the laptop and get to the scanned drawings, I would have to hooked the scanner to the desktop computer. I just did not want to do this because it runs on Windows Vista and I did not have the driver for the scanner to work on that operating system. Plus the scanner was down in the art studio and the computer was upstairs in the office. Okay, I was being lazy! To slove this problem I had my 15 year old son fetch the scanner and all the cords to it. Good thinking, isn't that the reason one has children, to fetch things? ;-> Once the scanner was upstairs I went online to Epson and found the driver and downloaded. To my surprise there was no problems getting the scanner to work on Windows Vista (not my favorite operating system, laptop has Windows XP, much easier to use, no tears!)

Now that it is working my only problem is rescanning all the art work from this past week. I will do that later, for now I scanned in the journal drawing I did of the mishaps of this week. Like I said it was a crazy messed up week. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

(Note to self: Always check journal page for errors and fix before posting on blog.;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have had a tough time - what a super way to set it all down on paper. Hope things will soon be looking up.