Friday, February 13, 2009

My Work for the Week

I decided to keep a food diary for a day. That was a eye opener for me on what I actually eat, which is not much at all. Why am I over weight then? Because of the pain and problems I have in exercising. It cause more pain so I do not do it. I would like to walk but I need someone to go with me to hold on to. I do manage to go up and down the stairs a few times (my art studio is downstairs) and I try to use my rubber band strength building things. It will just take me longer to get the weight off.

This is a day when I did not know what I wanted to draw so I doodled and then wrote about finishing Danny Gregory's book, The Creative License and what I learned from it. The main point of the book, "You are an Artist, now get to work creating and have fun!"

And finally this drawing is my take on the EDM challenge #210 draw some underwear. One of my sons was playing with a new box of 96 Crayola Crayons and I thought it would be fun to play with them too. I used a metallic crayon on the heart but it does not show up on the scan. There is just a little sparkle to it. Have you ever noticed how certain smells take you back and bring up past memories? Crayons are one of those smells. Every time I open a box it is fun to take a deep whiff of them. Childhood rushes to the front of my memories. Go open a box and take a whiff. A box full of joy! Now create a drawing with crayons or finger paints, be a kid again.


5 comments:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

I LOVE the top drawing. I really enjoy your journalling. The knickers are so cute too!

Carolyn said...

I should draw a "food diary" too...and after I saw all that I ate that day...maybe I wouldn't eat that much the next day. I eat because it tastes so good...LOL!
I like your work...and I think your choice for your drawing was a great idea!

Sarah Ketelaars said...

great idea to do a food diary... i might try that.
and love the cute knickers!

Sarah Ketelaars said...

great idea to do a food diary... i might try that.
and love the cute knickers!

Anonymous said...

I really like your food diary. Excellent little sketches.

I'd quite like to try keeping one (visual food diary) for a week. Tho' it might be a darn sight more shocking.