Saturday, August 17, 2019

I am Such a Procrastinator


     I have read this book, okay I listened to it. It was a really good book and quite enjoyable, but it didn't help. Maybe a little, but I am still a procrastinator. I checked out Eat That Frog:21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy from my local library. It looked promising. However, I procrastinated on getting started and then it was time to return it. Just now I looked up books on procrastination and there are a lot. Perhaps it shows me that I am not alone at the procrastination party. With that many books, there must be a lot of people who have that same problem. You are probably wondering what it is I am not doing. What is causing the procrastination issue of the day? Well, here it is, I started at about 10 this morning with the intention of writing my part of our team's lesson plans for the week. After a few minutes, I found myself doing so many other things on the web. I have successfully revised and created new pages of my website. Of course, that lead me here to my blogs and the realization that I have not posted in some time, so of course I had to fix that. It is now 3:30 in the afternoon and I still have not managed to get back to the lesson plan. Good thing I still have tomorrow to work on it. Seriously, the thing isn't due until Monday morning. I have all day Sunday to work on it, and I will get it done.
     Here is what I have learned today. I truly enjoyed working on my website and blogs, so I guess the day full of procrastination was productive in the end, and really that is all that matters. I will probably always be a procrastinator. All I can say now is this; Procrastinators Unite! (someone who isn't a procrastinator will have to organize our get together. ;-) Ciao and be well my friends.

No comments: