Saturday, November 4, 2017

My First Inktober

Yay! I managed to fulfill a drawing challenge. Okay, I did not do the challenge as prescribed by the originator, Mr. Jake Parker. Was not able to even do the prompts. Why? Well, I am a very busy person. My job as a teacher of twenty-six wonderful energetic second graders keeps me very busy. I also have other wonderful people who desire my attention. Anyway, it all does not leave me much time to draw. So I made the challenge fit my life.
I decided to create a two-page layout in my teacher bullet journal to draw 31 tiny ink pictures (32 because day 13 I did twice;-) By having in my teacher bullet journal I knew that it would be easier for me to create a drawing quickly. My goal was to take 5 minutes or less to draw something. As you can tell from some of the drawings my time to draw was less. It was more like 2 minutes. I only used a black Tombow marker because it was able to be in my teacher pen/pencil case. The header is some washi tape that has a pattern of art supplies on it. I used a Crink pen to write Inktober and the border. That is it. Pretty simple design and layout.
I really did enjoy taking those little bits of moments to draw/doodle something. The page is fun to look at, and because it is in my teacher bullet journal I can look at it as often as I like. I might even create another two-page layout in the same journal for the month of November: Noinkber, Inkember, the last one would work for December as well. I think that Noinkber is cool. Perhaps I can challenge myself to draw/doodle using some other medium, like crayon or colored pencil. Whatever the challenge is I better get going because it is already the 4 day of November. I will for sure share whatever creation I do for November. For now, I must go create. Be well, my friends.
Happy Creating!

No comments: