Saturday, January 2, 2016

Back to My Blog

I have finally made it back to my blog. It is not because I did not want to add my creations to the blog, because I did. It is not my fault, it is the blog's fault. Okay, it is Google's fault. Over the past year or so I have been trying to retrieve access to my blogs with little success. That is until this last week when I was able to procure access. Not sure why it took so long, but at least I am back. Now the issue will be time to create art and then share it here or on one of my other blogs.
I have missed being able to blog about my art. In fact, I have missed creating art. Why has it taken so long? Well, I have been busy creating a career as a teacher. I went back to school to get a Master of Art in Teaching degree. It took a couple of years to finish and then some time to land a job and settle in. I am happy to say that I am a 1st grade teacher for a local charter school. It is a lot of work, but well worth the effort. The students make the job a joy instead of a chore. I love being a teacher (Okay, I was a teacher during the 20 years of homeschooling, now I am a paid teacher of other people's children;-)
Even though I love my job I was/am missing something in my life. I have love (divorced one man and married another since my last blog. That is a story for another day) and I have my career. What I am missing is a creative outlet. I miss creating art. I miss everything about it. The messes, buying or finding new art supplies, and even the angst of the blank page, This is why I have decided that even though I no longer have an art studio I will start creating in the space that I do have. It is a small corner in our apartment. Not a lot of room for supplies, but it will have to do. No matter what, each day I will create.
January Journal~
I made a Teesha Moore journal yesterday out of a sheet of watercolor paper and a smaller version out of Bristol paper. My Christmas gift to myself was a set of Faber-Castell Gelatos, watercolor and Bristol paper, plus the permission to begin creating again. This last bit was the most important gift, the gift to take the time I need to nurture my creative self.
Today, the 2nd of January I began playing with some of my art supplies. For the past six months I have been getting supplies in a monthly art supply box. It has been fun opening these boxes to see the cool new material that I can create with. I never know what will be in the box. Expensive, but fun. It is amazing how fast art supplies can build up. Never mind the cost, it is for a good cause. Me! Anyway, that is enough for now. I hope to be back soon with photos of my art. Be well my friends!

No comments: