Monday, December 21, 2009

Look What I Got in the Mail Today



On Milliande Art Community for Women under the sub-group The Lucky Ladies, some members joined in on a Wichtel Christmas tree ornament exchange. A Wichtel is a secret Santa type activity where names are exchange and that person is to send their person a gift, in this case a homemade ornament.  I got a beautiful lady in Henderson NV and made her a nice ornament. Though I would love to show you the ornament I made it is going to have to wait until after Christmas. This is because I made more and will be giving those to my daughters and they sometimes read my blog. I will post the photos of those ornaments after Christmas.
I got my Wichtel ornament today in the mail. It was a complete surprise because I had forgotten that I was to get one. My ornament came from Canada and I love it. It is the domino doll pictured here. I do not know how this wonderful lady who made this ornament knew that this beautiful piece of art would fit my style. It is perfectly me! I am not going to put it away after Christmas because it is way too cool for that. It will hang on the wall in my studio so that I can be reminded of how wonderful it is to have artist friends from all over the world.
If the Lucky Ladies do this again next year I am sure going to join in on the fun.
Happy Holidays to all!

4 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

She's a beautiful art doll. Don't you love getting mail art?!

Rhonda L. Cooper said...

Yes, I do love getting art in the mail and I love sending art to others. It is great having artist friends all over the world.

Anonymous said...

Oh it's adorable!! :-)

Just dropping by to check out your blog!

Happy holidays!!

Amanda

Rhonda L. Cooper said...

Happy Holidays to all my artist friends from all over the world, you are all very special to me.